Serves 6-8 people
5kg Rolled beef Brisket.
1 large onion
Sprig of Rosemary
2 heaped teaspoons wholegrain mustard
Potatoes veggies and Yorkshire puddings to your taste
- Put a cast iron saucepan on a high heat, add a glug of olive oil and brown the brisket on all sides.
- Coarsely chop in the onion and add salt and pepper.
- Placing fat side up in the pot, put your rosemary and wholegrain mustard on top
- Add half a glass of water.
- Put the lid on the pot (if you are using a roasting tray seal with two layers of tinfoil) and place in a preheated oven 160 degrees centigrade
- Cook for 4 hrs adding another half glass of water half-way through.
- Remove the meat and let it to rest for 10-15minutes.
- Use the lovely residue to make a really nice rich gravy (remembering to pour off the fat first!)
- Add Roast potatoes, Yorkshire puddings and veggies to your taste.