Serves 4 people
A simple but yummy winter warmer.
500g beef mince
225ml vegetable/chicken/beef stock (a stock cube is fine)
1 clove of garlic
1 ½ tbsp of olive oil
1 tsp chilli powder
1 tsp cumin
1 can kidney beans, (400g)
1 can tomatoes (400g)
1 tbsp tomato puree
1tsp brown sugar
½ tsp dried mixed herbs
Salt and Pepper
- Finely chop the onion and the garlic.
- Heat the oil in the pan and sauté the garlic and onion until soft.
- Add the beef and cook for 10 minutes until brown.
- Add the chilli powder, cumin, and mixed herbs. Mix well.
- Pour in the kidney beans, tomatoes, and vegetable stock.
- Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat.
- You can eat it after 15 minutes, but the longer you leave it, the more flavoursome it will be!
Accompany with: Rice, sour cream, grated cheese, and fresh coriander.